Spain is a fascinating place with a rich history, remarkable people and many beautiful sites to experience. So, obviously you’ll want to make the most of your time in Spain. However, for a non-Spaniard or someone who doesn’t speak the language, it can be daunting to plan a trip through this storied country.
What will you get from Spain at Your Pace?
We offer services to meet your travel need:
- Personalized service from a native Spanish travel consultant
- Consultation about where to go and what to see in Spain
- Research on the best values in flights to Spain
- A written itinerary specifically tailored to your interests and budget
- Research on hotels and accommodations
- Recommendations and bookings for internal transfers (rental cars, trains, buses, boats, planes, etc)
- Recommendations for the best in restaurants, tours and day trips
- Ongoing support throughout your stay in Spain
- … and much more!
“Yes, I understood what can I get from Spain at Your Pace, but… why should I work with you?”
You are the one who must decide the service that better suits you. We will tell you our strenght and you’ll decide with whom you would like to work with!
- We are Spaniards, expert travellers and we even have the experience of been living abroad, as in France, Holland, New Zealand, Australia and South East Asia.We can offer tips about travel insurance, luggage, cell-phone usage and language . . . all from an expert traveller’s perspective.
- We have been a tour guides in Barcelona.
- We have traveled extensively in Spain. Barcelona, Madrid, Granada, Seville, Cordoba and San Sebastian are among our favorites cities.
- Obviously, we speak perfect Spanish and Catalan. The benefit is that, while we work on your trip, we do my research in Spanish. So, we can access many more reviews, perspectives and other kinds of information that you can’t access if you only speak English.
- We have lived in France and Holland. We speak fluent French and have a basic knowledge of Dutch. It means there is no miscommunication when we’ll make reservations or bookings.
- We have university degrees in business, and we’ve worked for successful Spanish corporations. We have the ability to manage projects, handle budgets and focus on our clients’ needs.
- We work on a fee basis–not commission. After all, a considerable part of planning your trip involves spending time on things that don’t involve commissions, such as transportation, food, festivals, and the overall flow and balance of your itinerary. Therefore, we won’t recommend hotels, activities or guides based on who might offer commissions. Instead, we’ll recommend only what will help you get the most out of your time and budget.
You are looking for a nice tour in Spain, but what’s the difference between a Spanish travel consultant as Spain at Your Pace and a travel agent?
Basically, the difference is the business model.
Travel agents receive commissions for the services they book on your behalf: hotels, cruises, flights, tours and so forth. From a business perspective, they must spend their time booking things for which they’ll receive commissions.
As a travel consultant, we charge for our time. We accept no commission from anyone. Therefore, our time and effort are of direct benefit to you:
- We spend time with you up front, as we work through the ideal overall itinerary, flow and balance.
- We’ll describe the options for getting from point A to point B within Spain, so that we can determine which choice is best for you.
- We can recommend restaurants and cafes that will match your tastes and budget.
- We are not limited to a hotel inventory, so we can recommend any hotel, B&B or other accommodation that fits your needs best.
- We use small local guides, blogs and services (which do not offer commissions).
- While we’re working together, we’ll be available to answer any questions you have. Ask us about the surrounding culture, mobile devices, how to obtain money and travel insurance, and we’ll have an answer for you. (we’ll even help with your Spanish or Catalan!)
Basically, it means we can get to know you as a client. We’ll envision the kind of Spain you describe, and then we’ll set up the itinerary that takes you there. You might call it “custom travel design”. Spain is a country with spectacular scenery and culture; of luscious food and gracious people. It’s my role, as a Spanish travel consultant, to help you experience everything this beautiful land has to offer.
What’s the return on your investment at Spain at Your Pace?
The return on your investment is in time saved during the planning process:
To organize a trip to Spain with the level of organization and detail provided by Spain at Your Pace would take the average traveler about eight hours per travel day. So, a 10-day trip would take about 80 hours for an average person to plan (including Internet and guidebook research, time spent on the phone to Spain and double-checking everything).
Contrastingly, with Spain at Your Pace you can plan on two to three hours spent via phone or email. For a 10-day trip, that’s about 77 hours of time saved. It’s true that “time is money,” so spend it wisely. Ours is the service for people who want to see, touch and savor Spain!